Roddas Clotted Cream
Its the magical golden crust
Our Clotted Cream is silky, smooth and delicious. The cream is gently baked and this is where the magic happens, the crust starts to appear as the tastiest and richest bits rise to the top in the cooking process. Nothing beats breaking through the seal with a spoon to experience the smoothness of the cream below.
Cream Tea Pancakes with Roddas cornish clotted cream
- For the pancakes – makes 8
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1 medium egg
- 225ml semi skimmed milk
- For the cream tea filling
- 227g Rodda's Cornish clotted cream
- Good quality strawberry jam
- A handful of chopped strawberries
To make the pancakes
- Using a whisk, beat well until combined to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a little butter in a 24cm non-stick pancake pan and pour 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan.
- Tip the pan until the mixture covers the whole base and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the pancake is golden.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and wrap it in foil to keep warm whilst you make the next pancake. Repeat until all the pancake mix is used up
Place one of the pancakes on a plate and spoon on the strawberry jam, spreading with a knife to cover the pancake. Sprinkle with a spoonful of the chopped strawberries.
Add 2-3 spoonfuls of Rodda’s clotted cream and fold the pancake into quarters.
Serve with more chopped strawberries, jam and a spoonful of wonderful Rodda’s clotted cream.